måndag 14 januari 2013

Week 10: Anatomy studies in colour

 This weeks study also contains anatomy, but on the focus on colour. The skin of the human body has a complex variety of colours. Naturally, the light is the key here. As for everything else the skin will look different due to the light that falls upon it. The skin is also transparent which means that the blood and veins underneath the skin is visible. The light may also shine through the skin at different points of the body. Overall observation, experience and understanding of colour is of uttermost importance.

The first piece is merely a colour test with the medium I chose to work with: soft pastels. The pastels are fairly soft and can be blended with each other to create new colour values.

The second piece was done in 45 minutes and I put my focus mainly on the skin colour of the model and on second hand the anatomy. I used a variety of soft pastels. Red, cyan, orange, yellow, blue, purple and green. The green, blue and purple was used mainly in the darker areas with heavy shadows. The red was used as a mid tone along with the orange. For highlights I used the bright yellow and cyan pastels.

The third piece was a similar attempt. Main focus once more on the skin, but I put some colours in and made some of the cloth the model was laying on so that she wouldn't appear to float in mid air. I chose the angle because I loved the foreshortening of the model and how the light fell on her side, giving quite strong highlights. Even though this piece was made in 25 minutes I think it is just as good as the first piece that was made in 45 minutes.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar