måndag 14 januari 2013

Week 12: Anatomy study: facial expressions

 This week's study of the human face is a kind of sequel to last week's study. This time though, the focus is on the expression. The medium I chose to work with here was the graphite stick since I value it's accuracy and the way one can cover big areas in a very short time. The size of the graphite stick also enables to do small details and one is forced to forget about them.

The first two sketches was made in 2 and 3 minutes. The time limit didn't leave much room over for measuring. But the measuring wasn't the main target here. The main goal here was merely to capture the expression of the male model in the short amount of time that was given. I believe that the key to a successful captured expression lies within the forehead and it's wrinkles, the eyes, eyebrows, nose and mouth. Due to the focus on those key features I didn't spent any time on the shading, since I already know that I can do the shading satisfyingly and don't need to put it in here in this study.

After a third attempt that was made in 2 minutes I did one final piece in 20 minutes. That piece allowed me to assemble the knowledge of previous studies with this expression study. The anatomy of the face was dealt with and the shading. All the different elements was assembled into one final. Even though the piece isn't a full finished drawing it has all the essential elements. Overall I am very happy with the anatomy and the way I chose to shade certain key parts of the model's head and face. The hair is mostly unfinished, but it's there no the less and it contributes to the overall finish.




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar