onsdag 9 januari 2013

Week 6: Industrial study

This weeks study was for me at the National Railway museum in York. I there made some quicker sketches of some of the engines there before settling down and drawing the piece here to the left. I used a graphite stick since I wanted to work a lot with the light and shadow and the graphite stick allows much more control of that rather than, for example, marker pens.

I chose to draw this angle of the trains because I get a good view of the front with lots of nice details and there is also a nice foreshortening. There also is two different perspective in the piece which also was why I decided on this particular angle.

I framed drawing with the hard, dark lines around it. The lines breaks the "peace" and bring some edge to the drawing and make it more interesting to look at.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar