söndag 13 januari 2013

Week 9: Anatomy study: cloth on female body

This week's study is of a female model dressed in a simple cloth. The aim with this study is to capture and understand the interaction between the garment and the body beneath it. Even though the body is blocked from view due to the garment one most still keep it in mind and still "draw it" even though it isn't visible.

The first sketch was one from a series of three, all done in 1 minute each. The aim here was just to loosen up and to get the hands and eyes working. During the 1 minute I spent on each drawing there was no time for proper measuring so I had to rely on my eyes only.

The other sketch was done in 5 minutes and here I spent some time doing the measurements right. Some shadows, but overall not so detailed. Fairly good result considering the 5 minutes.

The final drawings, the two last was done 10 and 15 minutes. Here I had time do to both proper measuring and shading. I really loved looking and finding out how the garment was folded and wrinkled around the model's body. I spent much time on the garment to get it as accurate as possible. Details on the model wasn't so impotent to me during this study, since the focus was on the garment and the body on which it was draped.

I worked with the graphite stick, my favourite tool. I find it ideal for shading and making details, although it's rough enough so that one cannot go too far with the details. The big stick I used also helped me to cover big areas quick and easy.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar