söndag 13 januari 2013

Week 7: Cloth study

 This study of different kind of garments challenges the drawer to capture pattern and material of the cloth on top of the usual light and shadow values. I found this study to be one of the most enjoyable and challenging. The first two pieces was done quickly within 5 minutes just as a try out and see which technique would be best for capturing different garments and it's patterns. I used the graphite stick in all pieces since charcoal would smudge to much to make the patterns, so does the soft pastels. I also have had much more experience with graphite sticks and it is wiser to chose a medium you know when you are working with these fast sketches. If not one has to master both the new media and the new technique for which capture the study.

The second two pieces was done in 10 and 15 minutes. The 10 minute piece,  here to the left, was yet another test of the patterns. After all three tries the final one was more than a try. I aimed to do the whole still life and do all of the different garments in it. I was fairly successful. The patterns look good and the lights and shadows too, what I failed on however s that I put too much focus and time on the left hand side of the drawing and had to rush it on the right side towards the end. There for it is not a finished piece, but given more time the study could have been a very good final piece.

Overall I think my go at this study went very well and was a successful session where  learnt a lot and presented some fine sketches.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar